- Follow live text commentary of Wednesday’s Premier League action
- Visit our Wolves page
- Go straight to all the best Manchester City content
How to play
Rate players out of 10 throughout or after the game. The rater will close 30 minutes after the final whistle.
- WolvesWolverhampton Wanderers
- Man CityManchester City
- Match Stats
- Live Text
- 1Malheiro de Sá
- 19Castro Otto
- 20Tomás Oliveira
- 28João Moutinho
- 7NetoSubstituted forMachado Trincãoat 72′minutes
- 9JiménezSubstituted forHwang Hee-Chanat 72′minutes
- 11Machado Trincão
- 17Fábio Silva
- 26Hwang Hee-Chan
- 14LaporteSubstituted forAkéat 61′minutes
- 17De Bruyne
- 20Bernardo Silva
- 9Gabriel Jesus
- Martin Atkinson
- Shots on Target
Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.
Foul by Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City).
Rayan Aït-Nouri (Wolverhampton Wanderers) wins a free kick in the defensive half.
Substitution, Manchester City. Riyad Mahrez replaces Fernandinho.
Attempt missed. Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) right footed shot from the right side of the six yard box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Phil Foden.
Substitution, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Trincão replaces Pedro Neto.
Substitution, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Hwang Hee-Chan replaces Raúl Jiménez.
Corner, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Conceded by Ederson.
Attempt saved. Raúl Jiménez (Wolverhampton Wanderers) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the top right corner. Assisted by Rúben Neves.
Attempt saved. Leander Dendoncker (Wolverhampton Wanderers) left footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Rayan Aït-Nouri with a cross.
Phil Foden (Manchester City) hits the left post with a left footed shot from the centre of the box. Assisted by Kevin De Bruyne.
Attempt missed. Chiquinho (Wolverhampton Wanderers) right footed shot from the right side of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Pedro Neto.
Attempt missed. Phil Foden (Manchester City) left footed shot from the left side of the box is close, but misses to the right. Assisted by Oleksandr Zinchenko.
Substitution, Manchester City. Nathan Aké replaces Aymeric Laporte because of an injury.
Goal! Wolverhampton Wanderers 1, Manchester City 4. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom right corner.
Offside, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Raúl Jiménez tries a through ball, but Conor Coady is caught offside.
Corner, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Conceded by Aymeric Laporte.
Hand ball by Bernardo Silva (Manchester City).
Corner, Wolverhampton Wanderers. Conceded by Rodri.
Foul by Oleksandr Zinchenko (Manchester City).
Manchester City are missing a few defenders through injury but I still think they will be okay at Molineux.
I don’t know what has happened to Wolves, because they are usually difficult to play against and I wouldn’t describe them as being that way at the moment.
I know they came back to rescue a draw with Chelsea on Saturday but that was more down to a wobble by the Blues than anything else.
Lawro’s full predictions v DJs Majestic & Joel Corry.
- Wolves have lost three consecutive league meetings, and four of the past seven since they returned to the top flight in 2018 (W2, D1).
- Manchester City are vying to win successive league games at Molineux for the first time since April 1981.
- Wolves’ draw at Chelsea last time out halted a run of three straight league defeats.
- They are vying for a club record-equalling 16th Premier League victory in a season.
- Wolves have alternated between a win and a loss in all eight of their home league games in 2022, losing 3-0 to Brighton in their last outing at Molineux.
- Bruno Lage’s team have scored just once in eight home games this season against the sides currently in the top half of the Premier League.
- Raul Jimenez has two goals and three assists from six Premier League appearances against Manchester City.
- Conor Coady has scored four goals from four shots on target in the top flight this season.
- Manchester City are currently on a club record run of 16 Premier League away games unbeaten, winning 13 and drawing three.
- Pep Guardiola’s side have scored three or more goals in each of their past four league fixtures.
- City have earned 42 away points in 2021-22, more than any other Premier League team.
- They also have the division’s best defensive away record, conceding eight times in 17 matches.
- Rodri has scored in three consecutive top-flight games and is set to make his 100th Premier League appearance at Molineux.
My Wolverhampton Wanderers XI
Choose your Wolves starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
My Manchester City XI
Choose your Manchester City starting formation and line-up. It’s up to you how to approach it – you could go for the team you WANT the boss to pick or the one you THINK he will.
- Our coverage of your Premier League club is bigger and better than ever before – here’s everything you need to know to make sure you never miss a moment