On Tuesday, King of Prism: Shiny Seven Stars anime project revealed that a theatrical anime project will release March 2 and a new visual on their official website. Their site also an made an announcement that the project’s four films will open “in succession” from on March 2.
The project is both a theatrical anime and television anime series. The edited theatrical version will have four parts screening, each with an edited version of three episodes of the TV anime and the television anime series will both premiere in spring 2019 with 12 episodes.
All Cast Includes:
- Junta Terashima as Shin Ichijō
- Sōma Saitō as Yukinojō Tachibana
- Tasuku Hatanaka as Taiga Kōgami
- Taku Yashiro as Kakeru Jūōin
- Masashi Igarashi as Minato Takahashi
- Takuma Nagatsuka as Leo Saionji
- Yūma Uchida as Yū Suzuno
- Shouta Aoi as Louis Kisaragi
- Shunsuke Takeuchi as Alexander Yamato
- Tomokazu Sugita as George Takadanobaba
- Tetsuya Kakihara as Kōji Mihama
- Tomoaki Maeno as Hiro Hayami
- Toshiki Masuda as Kazuki Nishina
- Toshihiko Seki as Hijiri Himuro
- Showtaro Morikubo as Rei Kurokawa
- Daisuke Namikawa as Ryō Yamada
- Shinichiro Miki as Jin Norizuki
Tatsuyuki Kobayashi, will voice the character Ace Ikebukuro who previously performed the singing voice of George in King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO. And for Swartz Rose’s George Takadanobaba it is rumored that Ace(who is a member of The Shuffle group) will play as the ghost singer.
The King of Prism: Prism Rush! LIVE smartphone game’s new “Road to Shiny Seven Stars” story event is a prequel to the upcoming anime project. The event’s story focuses on Shin Ichijō entering Kakyōin Academy in high school after Hiro Hayami wins the “Prism King Cup -Thunder Storm Session-.”
Masakazu Hishida who previously directed both KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm and King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO is returning to direct the anime at Tatsunoko Pro, and Jou Aoba is also returning to handle the series composition. For original character designs and the anime designs, Mai Matsuura is also returning from both films and is in charge of both. Rei Ishizuka from King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO is again composing the music.
Other staff members include:
- CG Director: Yoshihiro Otobe
- Prism Show Director: Takahiko Kyōgoku
- Music Production: Avex Pictures
- Sound Director: Yukio Nagasaki
- Distribution: Avex Pictures
- Original Work: TAKARA TOMY A.R.T.S, syn Sophia, Avex Pictures, Tatsunoko Pro
The first film in the franchise, KING OF PRISM by PrettyRhythm, opened in January 2016. The film earned more than 800 million yen (about US$7.8 million). The film screened at the Los Angeles Anime Film Festival (LA-AFF) event in September 2017. The second film, King of Prism: PRIDE the HERO, opened in Japan in June 2017. The film earned more than 600 million yen (about US$5.28 million). The film will screen at this year’s LA-AFF, which will be held from September 21-23 at Regal L.A. Live: A Barco Innovation Center.